Sunday 23 December 2012

Breacher Squad Sergeant and Vox



Okay, so I may have already completed a few miniatures before I created this blog. The first couple which are ready to share are the beginnings of a ten marine Breacher Squad. Ever since I saw the artwork for Shadows of Treachery I've wanted to have a squad of these. Once Forgeworld released the updated Legion Mk III armour and the Boarding Assault set my bank balance was inevitably doomed.

With the help of the staff from my local GW store, the fine folks over at Bolter & Chainsword and much trial and error, I've finally come up with a method of painting yellow that I'm happy with. It doesn't look as good as the amazing work of Dave Taylor but I'm pleased with the result.



Here's the Sergeant:






Vox Marine:




Like all my Imperial Fists they've been painted using the following paints:

- Vallejo White Surface Primer
- Citadel Casandora Yellow Shade
- Citadel Lamenters Yellow Glaze
- Citadel Abaddon Black Base
- Citadel Stormvermin Fur Layer
- Burnt Sienna Oil Paint
- White Spirit
- Vallejo Matt Varnish


No comments:

Post a Comment