Therefore before I went mad on the Forgeworld site with next month's mortgage (I joke - just in case my Lord-of-Terror is reading this), I 'borrowed' an unpainted Diemos Pattern Rhino and tried out an experimental paint scheme.
One of the benefits of a white based paint-scheme is that it's fairly quick to complete and therefore I managed to complete this model in just a few evenings work. However one of the drawbacks of a predominately white based scheme is that it's hard to cover up mistakes.
There are a number of things I'll do differently next time, primarily I'll remember to use a gloss-varnish coat before I start with the oil-paint weathering (oil stains white acrylic very quickly) and I'll also use a smaller brush for some of the weathering powders.
Overall however, I'm fairly happy with the outcome and as a result, I'll be attempting something bigger soon.