Tuesday 5 February 2013

Fellblade Completed

Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade
Bet it doesn't do many miles to the gallon
The Fellblade has been a project I've been working on since before Christmas. I finished the basic construction pretty quickly, even though some of the resin components were unfortunately fairly warped (hot water and a hairdryer worked wonders). However the completion of the paintwork took a lot longer.

I'll be honest, I was pretty intimidated by the prospect of so much yellow paint.


Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade
Not the easiest vehicle to fit in the carwash
I eventually overcame my fears and painted the super-sized tank. I'm really very pleased with how it came out (unlike the photographs...)

Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade
So big, the model didn't fit in my photobooth
Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade

Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade
Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade

Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Fellblade

3 comments:

  1. Flipping awesome! And yellow to boot - a hard colour to do and you've done a fine job. I have this kit sitting in its bag since GD12, but will eventually get round to it i guess.

    Only suggestion is maybe dirty up the tracks a little more, the weathering on the hull is spot on but the tracks are cleaner? Only my observation - it could have just driven through a river / dry sand bed etc so tracks would be clean. It is nevertheless an excellent job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your work man, I'm really digging the weathered, filthy ore heresy vibe at the minute and you're pulling it off awesomely.

    I'm in the process of starting a salamanders force at the minute which I'll have pics up of the first at some point in the next few days. A tutorial showing how you do the oil paint weathering would be amazingly helpful!

    Cheers,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on that big, mean, yellow beast! I'm really digging the rest of the blog content too. Keep it all up! :)

    Cheers,

    Ludovic

    ReplyDelete