Wednesday 20 February 2013

Progress, if a bit random....

Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Vexilla
Has to avoid low bridges...
One side effect of trying to keep a level of momentum up by painting multiple armies at once is that I don't make much progress on any single army that quickly. Especially when they're yellow... However I have completed the Vexilla Astartes for my 20 legionnaire strong tactical squad and have made a good start on four more Astartes.




Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Vexilla
Pre-Heresy Imperial Fists Vexilla

One of the advantages of having a painting style based around the use of washes is that while one set of miniatures is drying (where's that hairdryer...) I can work on another. I seem to be spending a lot of time with the followers of Grandfather Nurgle at the moment.

Death Guard Plague Marines
Brothers in decay
Death Guard Plague Marine

Death Guard Plague Marine

Death Guard Plague Marine

Death Guard Plague Marine

Death Guard Plague Marine
Death Guard Plague Marine
 While all those green and brown washes were drying I found time to complete the fifth DKoK Grenadier. Now if I can only remove the old paint from the remaining five I'll be happy.
Death Korps of Krieg Grenadier
Kneeling in the snow makes your leg go cold...
And makes your trouser wet...
Death Korps of Krieg Grenadier

Once again I made the mistake of walking past a Games Workshop store with my wallet in my pocket. Oddly enough, as usual, it didn't stay in my pocket for long and soon was the proud owner of one of these...

I've been painting it up for a couple of days so far. I'm quite pleased with the result and will post pictures again when it's complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment